Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Mid-Term Reflection

To be completly and perfectly honest before I started my midterm project I had no idea as to who I would do it on. I didn't want to choose someone who's been done a million time already, I wanted someone who really impacted the world but isn't that well known today (by minors atleast). I wanted someone who really revolutionized the country, someone who impacted the country in a way that no one else can.
I first got my idea during american film class, where we watched a mvie about a man. This man was Walter Winchell, and of course I I had no clue as to who he was, like evryone else in the class. And frankly I didn't care who this man was, why does he even derseve a movie? But then as the movie went on I learned that we worked for the newspaper and changed journalism for ever. Then I new what my topic would be, Walter Winchell. Becuase I knew little about the man, I had little interest in him, I just wanted to do my report and get it done with. I was sure I would get some credit for choosing someone who was much less iconic (right now) then other topics chosen.
So I hit the books (more like internet). I was preparing my self for a moth of complete boredom, working on a paper, with a topic I didn't care for. To my surprise I found my self more and more interested about the man who invented the gossip coulumn. A man that was loved my many and hated ny just as many. A man (journalist only) who could makle or break careers, a man who people were scared of. A man who for about 4 decades was the biggest thing in the country. As I went on learning about his life and impact, I wanted to find out more. I was his movie completly this time (we only saw alittle in film class).
I began writing my essay with ease now, not feeliong the anxiety of having to write an essay I didn't want to. Winchell inpacted the nation so diversly it was very easy to write a 7 page essay on him. I was feeling pretty confident in myself because I know enjoyed my topic now. The deadline was comeing soon and I had taken off some time off the mid-term essay to do the American-film essay. I hadn't finished it yet, so I had to think qiuck.
I think I was doing everything fine so I woundnt know what I'd do the same , everything I guess. The only thing I would work on would be to time everything better, so that I don't overlap and still have time to right a well though out paper. For the most part I would rate my effort an 8, might have been more if I didn't run out of time and didn't have to rush, but even in the short amount of time I still did my best. I would rate my paper a 7.5, I definetly feel I could have done way better, but then again that is always the case. The way I had to hurry up in the end kinda disapointd me, I'm sure my next one will be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment