Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Blog 9

I've decided to make a documentary. More like a mock "doc", I have been noticing a trend latley in movies, books and television. Vampires. It is on the rage right now, everywhere I turn I see a vampire now. It's like we're in the vampire era. I have nothing against them, I'm actually very fond of them and I've always enjoyed thier genre. So in honor of vampires and vampire fanatics across the world I have decided to make a documentary, about the life and day of an average vampire. Of course I will try to stay true to some vampire myths and tales but for the most part I will make a mockery of the vampire nation. This is all out pure fun of course, I respect vampire's and thier fanatics but I feel this mock "doc" will be very fun and funny. I will also try to make it as scary as possible, for the fanatics of course.

At first I was thinking about making a short movie but i don't think I would of done a very good job, and frankly it would of been a little cliche. I thought to myself what would be more interesting than the life of an "actual" vampire? What could be funnier? I feel that I can combine both fear and humor well, I've seen a lot of movies and know how things work. I've done film before in highschool, I know the differnt angles I could use, I know cinematic elemants.

The documentary itself will be for Louis of course, and the blog I will be working on will be for Dr. Smith. I'll keep track of everything i do, and all the research I do for my project. First I'll reaseach any myths about vampires, all possible tales about them. Then I'll watch a couple vamp. movies. I'll try to get as much research and details about them as possible. I'll try and convince my audinece that what they are watching are actual vampires, but also I'll have a hint of humor to my video.

This week I'll mostly be working on my outline and script. Who's going to star in my mock "doc" and what materials I'll be needing. I'll aslo start up my blog page and begin writing a couple entries. Also I'll begin my research so that I can strat my documentary as soon as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment