Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Blog 1

If I were one of the chained men in the cave I wouldn't know where I was, just that I'm home. If I was put there as I child, I’d grow up knowing only the shadows. The shadows would be my religion, it would be the only thing that I know held true. When I'd wake up it would be there, before I sleep it would be there, the only constant thing in my life. I feel that if you are raised believing in one thing all your life, then there is no way of changing the way one sees things. It lays deep in side you, your mind makes it the truth, and if you feel it then you won't fight yourself. Some examples are religion. Some believe in their religion so blindly that they are willing to fight and die for it. They were raised their whole lives in the belief of that religion, enough so that they would put their lives on the line for it. Other examples would be the way parents raise their kids. If a certain parent was raised one way, then most likely they would raise their children the same way. If as a child they were raised to belief, one way, behave one way, act one way; then when their older they would do the same for their children. If all I saw was shadows, then all I'd know is shadows. That would be real to me that would be the world to me. If someone were to tell me there was more than just shadows I wouldn't believe the. I wouldn't even listen to what they had to say, the shadows are always there for me. What ever they said would be a lie. The shadows are real.

No comments:

Post a Comment